It’s been such a relaxing week and this weather has been perfect! Before I head off again for the August long weekend and then EUROPE (!!!) at the end of the month, I’ve been laying low and getting things organized at home. The welcomed downtime has allowed me to get in to a bit of a routine: I’ve been working out in the morning, eating dinner at home and I’ve been taking the most wonderful baths before bed.
One item that I’ve been using in the bath is JoeSCRUB. This amazing coffee-based scrub is made of 100% natural ingredients and leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated. I use it a couple nights a week and it’s so gentle and soothing, I honestly can’t get enough of it.
The team at JoeSCRUB is also offering an exclusive 25% OFF for I’m A Little readers with the code IMALITTLE25 until August 31st.
Let me know if you get your hands on this amazing scrub and what you think! Leave a comment below or on my Instagram @LEXNIKO.
This weekend was just lovely. Beyond feeling a little under the weather, I had a jam packed couple of days in the city. I brunched with a girlfriend, took in some Pan Am sports and spent my Sunday with my pup at PetSmart for National Ice Cream Day. I loved this comfy outfit I wore for the event, so I actually had my papa snap a few photos of me outside of my parents’ house. I even took in a couple movies (Trainwreck and Magic Mike XXL were both so fun!) and rounded out my weekend with Oyster Fest and Sunday night dinner with friends.
I cannot believe how much I got up to but it definitely hit me Monday as I woke up with a sore throat and cough :(. Looks like I’ll be resting up for this week and laying low…I’m off again next weekend to Montreal for Osheaga so until then I’m going to do my best to relax and take it easy.
Hope you had a great weekend and here’s to a fabulous week xx!
This summer is in full swing and with that came some major heat! I don’t know about you but for me nothing beats the summer heat quite like ice cream. My friends & I have a standing Sunday night date for a scoop or two, but this Sunday is extra special because I’m delighted to get my furry friend, Choco in on the fun.
I’m thrilled to share that I’ll be celebrating National Ice Cream Day this Sunday, July 19, at 12 PM at PetSmart Richmond Hill (225 High Tech Road). Pet parents can bring their pups to this PetSmart PetsHotel location to receive a four-ounce complimentary serving of dog-safe ice cream, Treat Time.
This delicious frozen treat is traditionally offered as an add-on service to sweeten pets’ stays at the PetSmart PetsHotel whether they are there overnight or just for a few hours of Doggie Day Camp. Choco loves his snack when I bring him to the PetSmart PetsHotel in Richmond Hill for a little day care visit or hair cut.
I hope you can stop by to get a free scoop from 12:00 to 4:00 pm! Choco and I will be hanging out from 12:00 to 1:00 pm so if you’re in the neighbourhood, stop by, say hi and snap some pics with us!
We can’t wait to meet you!
See you on Sunday and follow along on Instagram @LEXNIKO for more dets!
As you all know, I have an increasingly busy schedule and if you follow me on Snapchat (@lexniko) you know that I am constantly going from A to B to C! While I lurvvve to cook, lately I’ve had very little time to dedicate to meal prep, food runs and my beloved coffee! I simply hate food going to waste, and with my lifestyle, let’s be honest, groceries have become a bit of a struggle.
I’m lucky to be spoiled with meals at work from 9-to-5, but the evenings and weekends can be a challenge. Enter my new favorite app: Ritual. Ritual is a Toronto-based app, connecting busy bodies (like me!) in the city to great food and cafes through an easy to use experience.
With Ritual, you never have to worry! There is a smooth ordering experience every time. You get front-of-the-line access and fantastic service at the best local restaurants and cafes. All you do is order from the long list of yummy restaurant options and place a seamless order on your phone. Once your order’s placed, you get a notification to keep you updated on the status and telling you when you should leave to pick up your meal.
Ritual’s exclusive network of only the best restaurants are curated to ensure excellence, guaranteeing high quality food and service. On Ritual, users can find Toronto faves such as Jimmy’s Coffee, Khao San Road, and Fusaro’s Italian Kitchen, to name a few. I’ve also loved the new and exciting options I’ve discovered because of this app.
Through Ritual, I can now get delicious and high quality meals, without the guilt of food going to waste! I save time and enjoy yummy food at the touch of a button.
Be sure to download and check out Ritual and let me know what you think!
*This post was sponsored by Ritual. Opinions are my own and oh so delicious!
I love discovering new brands that fit into my everyday life. During summer I tend to sport denim shorts on repeat, as they’re fast and easy to slip on and take from day-to-night. So when an undiscovered denim brand, conveniently named: Denham reached out about a collaboration for a post, I jumped at the chance to get in to pair of their jeans! Founded in 2008, this Amsterdam-based design house has created a collection of denim and apparel that screams my style and houses some key pieces to get you through the summer and into fall.
I visited the showroom here in Toronto and spent hours trying on items from shorts to jeans, and jackets to dresses. Everything was so soft and comfortable but ultimately I settled on these shorts because they fit like a glove. I often wear baggier bottoms but these short shorts were so fun and a little off my typical everyday look. They are the ultimate denim to take you from a day lounging poolside to a hot summer night out on a patio. I styled them here with a crisp white linen button down but have been wearing them non-stop with light tank tops and flip flops as I run around during the day. Slipping in to a pair of perfect denim shorts makes me happy and they’re a simple summer staple. I love adding these into the rotation of my summer uniform and cannot wait to style more pieces from this designer.
Check out the entire Denham collection here and let me know what your favorite summer item is!
I have been traveling NON-STOP if you couldn’t tell by my Instagram @LEXNIKO. Because of that I figured it was long overdue to provide a little travel guide to packing with style whether you’re going on a weekend getaway or beyond.
1. Layers are your friend. I tend to pack a large carry on bag that I then will put my handbags in that I’ve packed for the trip. I’ll be sure to add an oversized scarf or cardigan that could double as a blanket on the plane. I always either pack or carry a neutral jacket that can go with the majority of my outfits.
2. Make a list, check it twice! Whether I am planning specific outfits or creating a general shell of what to pack, I always make a list. I’ll organize it by day and what I assume I’ll wear based on certain activities, if we’ll be poolside or a generic outfit or two for those unplanned events. Organizing prior to your pack makes it a lot less stressful in the long run, I promise!
3. But if you forget something, don’t fret. You’d be surprised how many cities you travel to have local affordable stores, or even the familiar HM, Gap or Zara locations. Weather suddenly changed? Rain got you down? Don’t worry, and don’t panic, you will be able to find something in a pinch with a simple call to the concierge or Google search.
4. Pack items that travel well. Natural fibers like silk, cotton, rayon and linen are lightweight and easy to fold. I love packing button down blouses and neutral bottoms in these materials that I can mix-and-match for longer travels. I always travel with a hat and just carry it on the plane because I am prone to feeling a little lightheaded in the sun! And when it comes to shoes, I need a pair of comfy flats or sandals, a neutral and black heel that I can repeat and maybe if I have the space a really gorgeous statement shoe for a big event or night out.
5. Comfort is key. When I am flying I need to have a comfy outfit especially during long flights. These Sanuk flats are insanely comfortable and easy to walk in. Plus they double as a great pair of shoes for when you’re touring a new city. While this set is colorful, what I love about a set of good flats is that it will go with a black maxi dress or paired outfit like this cute set of white shorts and a grey sweatshirt.
Do you have any travel tips or tricks? Feel free to share below!
*This post was sponsored by Sanuk Footwear. All opinions are my own.
Between work and catching up with friends and family, I’ve had no time to get poolside ready since my Nike race. As I prep for my holiday tomorrow (Independence Day in DC woohoo!) I was so lucky to receive the Dr. Scholl’s Express Pedi Foot Smoother to test out for the blog. I spent the morning giving myself a Big Apple Red pedicure and the Express Pedi smoothed out all of the calluses that I had built up working toward race day.
Following tips from award-winning celebrity manicurist, Leeanne Colley, my feet have transformed from barely beautiful to tender tootsies.
Check out Leeanne’s expert tips on how to get the perfect at-home pedi below and find Dr. Scholl’s Express Pedi Foot Smoother at these locations.
1. For deep cracks in your heels, use your Express Pedi for a few minutes each day. Once most of the dryness is gone, use it 2-3 times per week to maintain smooth skin.
2. Applying little pressure when using your Express Pedi will make for the softest skin and increase battery life.
3. Before applying polish, clean off residue using a lint-free pad & acetone to avoid the fibre cotton balls leave behind. And don’t forget to apply a base coat before you paint away!
I posted this sweater on Instagram a couple weeks ago and I got such crazy feedback, I wanted to share where to snag it! I paired it with a fun red skirt for some color-blocking action and these Cinderella shoes from Le Chateau. These shoes are so comfy and made me feel like a princess, I absolutely love how the straps are so dainty and wrap around the ankle and bridge of the foot. Makes for such a unique shoe and I simply adore them!
I have been a huge fan of online stores lately especially because I can snag a ton of great finds at super reasonable prices. Windsor Store has definitely been on the top of my list as I build out my summer wardrobe – though this June rain is not making it feel too summery.
Despite the blah weather I am loving the fact that I’ve been home for a few weeks and able to catch up with friends & family. It’s also itching down to the final weeks before my run and I am getting so nervous! Do you have any last minute training tips? I’m going to be sharing a whole recap of my experience and would love your input!
Have a great week! It’s been quiet around here but be sure to check out my whereabouts via Snapchat + Instagram @LEXNIKO
I am the type of person that when I discover someone or something amazing, I have this unavoidable voice in my head telling me I have to connect with it. This is exactly what happened when I came across up and coming Toronto photographer Shaquel via Instagram. He is such a talented city photographer, who is unbelievable at capturing our beautiful cityscape and when he told me he wanted to learn more about lifestyle photography, I just knew we had to work together.
We headed to the Financial District on a Saturday and it was amazing how it was virtually empty. I work in this area and never had I seen it so quiet. It was amazing to shoot between the skyscrapers and buildings; I truly haven’t felt so small in this city in a long time. It was the perfect day for someone looking for a way to take this little blog to the next level; so inspiring and refreshing to work with someone who is on the cusp on great things. I’m hoping some of that magic rubs off, xx!
Alexandra launched I'm A Little in 2011 as a way to inspire others through fashion & lifestyle. Today, she offers bit and baubles of her everyday life and style. For more please visit the About Me page by clicking the image above.