I mean, wow.
Sometimes I don’t pat myself on the back for recipes but this is so not that time.
In an effort to share more detox-friendly recipes with you guys, I whipped up a one of my favorite snacks – hummus.
And not just any hummus. EASY HUMMUS.
Hummus that you would make and bring to a party and people will be all, “You made this yourself?”
And you’ll be like, “What like it’s hard?” and life will be perfect, and you will be a star.
The hardest part of this for a millennial will be locating a food processor if you’re not married and didn’t register for one.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 14 fl oz can of organic chickpeas, rinsed (these are my go-to)
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 2-5 tbsp of water
- ground paprika for serving
Here’s what to do:
- In a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice for 15-30 seconds
- Open and scrape the sides down so everything is mixing properly
- Blend again for another 10-15 seconds
- Add the chopped garlic, cumin, salt and mix again for 30 seconds
- Repeat scraping down the sides and blend again for 10-15 seconds
- Add half of your chickpeas and blend the mixture
- Repeat scraping down the sides
- Add the remaining chickpeas and blend again
- At this point your mixture will be a little chunky so add your tablespoons of water (start with 2-3)
- Blend the mixture for a full minute or 2
- Check the consistency and scrape the sides
- Blend for 30-60 seconds more on a lower speed until you get the mixture to your liking
- Serve drizzled with evoo and a dash of paprika and salt to taste
On the cleanse I eat this with cucumber as a snack and you can serve with any crudité or flatbread, pita, crackers, whatever really.
You can keep it in the fridge for a week and if you find it’s drying out, add a little evoo or half a tablespoon of water to it open it up again.
Again, it’s detox-friendly, delicious and makes you feel way better in the kitchen that you likely are (JK LOVE YOU).
ENJOY and let me know if you try it, x.