I am so thrilled to introduce my FIRST beauty guest blogger: Tara Leydon. Tara is a brilliant makeup artist here in Toronto and will be helping me get my beauty on. I am absolutely delighted to have such a talented hand share her secrets here on I’m A Little (THANK YOU TARA!), so expect many more beauty posts to come. Until next time, do be sure to check out her blog, TL Makeup And Image: here!
Without further adieu…a little from Tara herself:
Hello Littles! I’m Tara Leydon, a Toronto-based makeup artist, here to give I’m A Little readers some beauty tips and tricks! I’m so excited to be posting here today but when I’m not guest blogging you can find me on my makeup blog: TL Makeup And Image.
Since the holiday season is soon approaching you might want to try a red lip to vamp up your holiday look.
Here are some of my favorite shades for the season:
1. Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon suits all skin tones and is opaque yet beautifully shiny.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupté in No. 3 has a nice bright shine and feels light and not sticky on your lips.
3. NARS Dragon Girl all girls seem to love this one, it gives you that more intense electric look.
4. MAC Russian Red it’s hard to choose between MAC’s Russian Red and Ruby Woo ~ Russian Red has a bit more of a blue undertone then Ruby Woo but they are both such great colors to try.
5. MAC Ruby Woo
6. Benefit Benetint probably one of my all time favorites as you can wear it on your cheeks and lips; it gives a nice healthy glow and tint. If you use it on your lips I would suggest applying a gloss or lip balm over top.
1. Get a matching lip liner so your color does not bleed out.
2. Blot your lipstick once and then re-apply it, this helps stain your lips.
3. After you are done applying your lip color stick your finger in your mouth and softly blot down so that you don’t get your lip color on your teeth.
4. Lastly have fun and try a couple of different shades and see which ones suit you the most!
Let us know if you have tried rouge lips and if so what is your favorite brand and shade, in a comment.