For Father’s Day it’s our family tradition to have a giant Sunday feast with all the fixings. Asparagus, salad, mashed potatoes and the main event, LOBSTER.
We love seafood in my house. It’s like a serious obsession. I think it’s partially because it’s so delicious but also because it’s so fun to eat.
Nothing beats working for your food and it makes for great dinner conversation (ahem, and competition).
So we treat Father’s Day as a big event and when it’s all done, we have to do something with the leftovers.
Today I’m sharing a really quick and easy pasta recipe that I made with this year’s leftovers.
It’s simple and you can really use any protein if you’re looking to whip this up for a weeknight meal.
Here are the ingredients:
- One bag of whole wheat pasta
- One pack of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- One whole lobster, cooked (or any protein you want to sub in)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Basil chopped
- Red chilli flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Here’s what you do:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente
- At the same time bring a large sauté pan to warm and add 2 tbsps of olive oil
- Rough chop the garlic and add to the pan
- Add the halved tomatoes and let them soften
- Season with salt, pepper and red chilli flakes
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it to the sauté pan and add basil
- Mix everything together and drizzle with more olive oil, salt and pepper to your taste
- Serve with chilli flakes and parmesan
Let me know if you test this out and what you think. I love it because it is fast to put together and easy to reheat during week.
Do you have any other quick and easy recipes that you use during the week? I’d love to know so I can try them!
Have a great week littles, xx!