I discovered this Simple Chicken Soup recipe c/o The Everygirl, which is an excellent little lifestyle read that I’d recommend for any 20-something looking to add a little sparkle to their life!
You’ve heard me yammer on about how cold it’s been here in the city and any excuse to whip up and fast & easy soup recipe is fine by me. While this favourite is my usual go-to, I put today’s recipe together in under 30 minutes on Sunday, with a ready-made rotisserie chicken and a few fresh ingredients from the market.
Recipe (adapted from The Everygirl):
1. Drizzle about 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over med high heat.
2. Add garlic and let simmer for 15 seconds. Stir in chopped asparagus and carrots, mixing until medium soft.
3. Pour in a quart of chicken stock and 3/4 cup of water and then add shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir in a 1/4 cup of fresh curly parsley and bring soup to a boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Top with fresh avocados and curly parsley to serve. (Clearly I was so hungry I did not make it this far in my photos!)